Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The Good Old Times


Today I spent four and a half hours catching up with a good friend of mine that I hadn’t seen for months. We started at Starbucks and sat and talked for a good solid two hours. Then we walked the few shops at Riverstone, just for exercise, I could have stayed in Starbucks all day and been content. Next we moved on to walking the shops down town Coeur d’ Alene. Although we looked like we were shopping, really I was more distracted with our conversations. I guess I can’t multi-task that well because I couldn’t seem to actually look at things while having an exciting conversation full of multiple facial expressions. We talked nonstop. It felt so good to finally catch up and find out all that has been happening in her life. Things that I had been impatiently waiting to tell her in person, I could finally talk about. It was such a relief. No change. Our friendship, after months of not talking, was like the good old times. We could talk about anything again. I’m so thankful for friends like this. They’re the friends you keep for a lifetime. To know that my friend Jesus is exactly like this friend in that way, is a huge relief. He never leaves me. If something were to happen, and we were to some reason grow distant, I know I could always come back to talk. I wouldn’t have to worry. He takes me as I’ am. It would be like the good old times.

No comments:

Post a Comment