Saturday, January 16, 2010

Destination of my Today


My favorite part of the day is waking up every morning and walking from the dorm into the Ad building. I know that sounds a little strange, but let me explain myself. I love watching the sunrise. The sun use to come up right about the time I headed out the door to school, around 7:12. Every morning it just reminded me to invite Jesus into my day. The sun on my face is God’s good morning kiss, reminding me that he loves me, and he’ll never leave me. As I reach the steps that lead to the entrance of the school, my heart flutters with a thrill. Even after half the year, I get the same feeling as the first day. Walking through those pillars automatically puts me in a good mood. It’s like a dream come true, every day. Each morning the same thoughts rush through my mind.
I made it. I’m finally here. This is it.
Knowing that I’m reaching a goal everyday by going to school gives me the determination I need to keep going. I’ve always admired those “big high school students.” And now I’m one of them, which is terribly hard to believe. When I lived in Colorado I always thought I’d be going to Campion Academy in Loveland. But once I moved to Idaho, plans changed. My destination was UCA. My sister experienced it first, and when I’d come to visit I thought it was the coolest place! I couldn’t wait to be as old as she was and experience all the fun she was having. I made it a goal. UCA was going to one day be MY school. Now, I’m here. I have to live up to the expectations I’ve set for myself. I have to make the most of my time, and create as many memories as I can while living a busy, hectic life. I’ve learned that time flies by faster than I want it to, so I have to enjoy every second of my today. As I walk through the doors, it begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment