Friday, January 22, 2010

Secrets in a Smile

A few days ago I saw a really good friend that I hadn’t seen or talked to in a really long time. We haven’t actually sat down and had a good chat since the beginning of the school year. I guess we just don’t have a lot of time to really make it a priority. I really miss them. When I saw them the other day, I wanted to say hi and maybe do a brief catch up, but we were both surrounded by other people, priorities, and commitments. But I remember one specific thing. I looked over to where they were and our eyes met. A big grin spread across my face, and the same on theirs. For that brief second we were connected. Our smiles seemed to say, “I miss you, but I’m doing ok.” Relief. Just getting to experience that quick second of understanding makes up for all the time we’ve lost.

Written 1/18/10

No comments:

Post a Comment