Wednesday, March 17, 2010

FAIL

I just got back from failing a test, and surprisingly I’m not devastated. Maybe it’s because I haven’t literally seen the big red F mark across my paper. After my last test I could barely make it out of the Ad building before the tears started falling. I thought my life was over. I knew I had failed. Come to find out Monday I hadn’t. I received a low B-… what a relief, so much better than the F I expected. Today, as I made my way down the hall and out the door my thoughts were different from last time. Not because I figured I wouldn’t get a F, I wholeheartedly believe I will (Chemistry is a mix of science and math which are the two worst things in life, put them together and you’ve made death), but because I’ve come to realize something. It’s not the end of the world. All my energy for the past 3 years has gone into getting a 4.0, and I’ve come to realize, that’s not what is going to make me happy. Grades aren’t the most important thing in life. For 3 years I’ve kept my grades high, the pressure is on now more than ever. Life is more than stressful and hectic. There’s nothing I can change about the situation now. The second I stepped foot out of that classroom it was over. I can’t go back. I failed. But I have to keep moving. What next? What can I learn from this? Time will keep moving on, and I will be ok. The disappointment that comes with this lesson will end. Life will go on.
Events we experience help us grow, and make us better people. Sometimes it takes failing, and imperfection to gain a perspective from the other side of the world.

Written 2/26/10

No comments:

Post a Comment