Friday, April 9, 2010

Free


As I was sitting at work today I looked up from my books for a brief moment and saw a kid walking from the café to the boys dorm. I watched him as he walked alone. I’m not sure what he was doing… dancing? pretending to fly? Did he know people could see him?
I started to envy this kid I’ve only briefly talked to this year. He looked so… free.

Like he had all the time in the world and not a care on his mind.

Like his only purpose in life was to enjoy all God had blessed him with.

Like today was the best day of his life.

Did he know what’s happening in the world? People are throwing up on sick list, today was the “No Shoe Day” to raise awareness for people without shoes, without food, without family… people are still suffering from recent earthquakes… people need help.

I leaned my elbow on the desk and rested my chin on my closed fist, pondering what it would feel like to live this way… free.

No stress, no homework, no tests, no worries, no enemies, no rush…

I caught a glimpse.
To be free…



The phone rang.
Reality set in.

Written 4/8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment