Thursday, July 8, 2010

Practically a Mom


The other day I went to Silverwood for some play time as soon as I got off work. I met up with my "second family." We sat at the water park soaking in the sun. Landyn the 2nd youngest out of the 5 kids, age 4, came over to snuggle up next to me and get warm. Somehow we got on the conversation of driving and I told the family I had just got my license 2 weeks ago. Landyn turned toward me, her innocent, blue eyes looking eagerly into mine. She asked, "You can drive?!"
"Yep!" I responded, smiling and chuckling a little to myself, amazed that I could actually say that now.
"You're practically a mom!"
"What?!!!!!" My eyes grew huge with astonishment. "But I don't have any kids!" I said in disbelief.
"They're coming soon." She replied in a very comforatble, chill way to let me know that I didn't need to worry about it.
I just laughed and thought to myself, I better not almost be a mom!
If all the responsibility of a mom came with getting your license the highways would close, the gas station, and car dealers would run out of buisness, consturction workers would be unemployed, our economy would fall into the biggest depression yet, and our taxes MIGHT be a little less. Let's hope I'm not mom material anytime soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment