Thursday, September 16, 2010

blowing bubbles in the rain

It rained today. It's week of prayer this week. After tonights meeting Cassie and I walked over to Pastor Fred's car climbed in the back trunk and waited for the chance to scare the bjibes out of him. It was dark. Cassie called her mom. Her mom told us about the waffles with blueberries she was eating. Our mouths were watering, it was torture. And we were jealous. We sat in the car for 30 min waiting for Pastor Fred to get in his car and drive home. We got a phone call from Anisha. She said we were missing the R.A. meeting right now and we needed to head back. We climbed over the seat... lights on, skirts coming up and all. We walked back to the dorm in the rain. I told Cassie about the day in 4th grade when I talked back to the teacher. I was crying and walking away from her. I remember it clearly, she told me sternly, "Young lady if you take one more step I'm sending you to the principal's office." I took one more step and turned around, tears flowing down my face. I've always been a trouble making kid. I use to like to get into fights. I always got into trouble, but not really bad trouble. But at the same time, I've always been the teachers pet. Go figure. I realized that tonight. In the rain. That's apart of who I am. From my past, and too the present. I still am. I'm glad I'm starting to figure this out. Now I can just keep blowing bubbles for the rest of my life. And that's how I feel about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment