Friday, October 29, 2010

I Hate Chile, Chili, Chilly, in Every Way Possible.

I went to bed at 1:45 A.M. this morning. I was planning on waking up at 6 but I woke up and decided it was too early so I changed my alarm to give me an extra 30 minutes. Turned out I was so tired I slept an hour longer and I hadn't set my alarm, I had changed the time, so the time on my alarm clock when I opened my eyes said an hour and 45 minutes behind the original time I had planned to wake up. I jumped out of bed as quick as lightening and ran to my computer to finish my project. Of course, the internet wasn't working. Right then I knew my life was over. I had an hour to finish this project that needed about 5, and the internet wasn't even working. Where was I going to get all my information from? I scrambled looking for note-cards to turn in along with my presentation... nothing. That was it, my life was over. I had no idea what to do with myself. That's when I let the dam break, and the tears flow. I called my mom, she calmed me down and told me to do the best I could with what I had. I got ready for school, deleted my unfinished slides, and trucked over to have a talk with the Spanish teacher. I walked in the door, "I have a serious problem," I said. I hate giving excuses, they sound so bad! So fake! They make me sound lazy, I hate lazy people. I felt like such a hypocrite. "My presentation isn't finished. I went to bed late last night and woke up super early this morning, but the internet hasn't been up all morning, so I couldn't do anymore research. I have most everything, but there's a few slides that never got done. I even tried to work on it over homeleave last week but my computer wouldn't let me log in." It seemed like she didn't buy it because she said, "My internet is working fine here. Do you have time to work on it now?" I don't think she got where I was coming from. "I have class in about 3 minutes. I've been trying to work on it all morning." I repeated. She asked me if I had 20 minutes worth, I said I hadn't timed it but it should hopefully be enough.

After A & P I headed down to Spanish. My presentation was exactly 20 minutes long, but that's about the only good thing about it. A picture is worth a thousand words. One thing I did find in my research of the dreaded Chile country was this picture, that perfectly describes the way I feel after this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment