Thursday, November 18, 2010

A Verse on my Mirror.


"Keep looking straight ahead, without turning aside. Know where you are headed, and you will stay on solid ground." -Proverbs 4:25-26
The last few days have been a struggle to keep from blogging. I'll think of perfect things to compare my life to, like the continuous deep cough from this week, or my broken phone charger... and now my broken phone. But then I have to stop myself, because it's all so negative. I've been told too many times this week, let alone in this day that I look really sad. I'll be staring off into the distance while I'm standing in the middle of a chatty crowd, and get this look on my face. I'll be reading my home page on facebook, and get the returned troubled look on my face. I'm not sad, I might be consentrating, or thinking about complicated issues, or things I feel need to be my responsibility to worry about, but they aren't.


But last night at our late night R.A. meeting, someone said they see God in me. Tonight on my hall as the girls were complaining about the days leading up to break, I was explaining why I was so excited! They commented on how cheerful I was, and how they just loved how I picked out the "little things" in life that make life good.
This is good, this is very good. This is improvement, slow, but good progress. I hope I continue to portray this sort of outlook on life.

No comments:

Post a Comment