Monday, November 1, 2010

Who Says?

I woke up at 12:30 this nice Monday afternoon. That's the longest I've ever slept in here at school. It feels weird... almost like I'm going against a rule that says you need to wake up to have a real day. Maybe that's why I like it so much. I woke up at 11 rolled over and looked at the clock and thought, I should get up... but then I reevaluated the situation. Who says I have to get up? I'm not at home, my mother isn't going to walk into my room and turn on the light telling me to wake up, my brother won't run in and pounce on me, or get his dog to, my friends are busy doing their HOPE project and won't knock to come visit, sure I have homework, but who says it can't wait? So, I layed there, rolled back around, and slept for another hour and a half. It was great, when I woke up again for the final time, I contemplated going back to sleep but then rethought it through. I probably wouldn't be able to sleep tonight if I kept sleeping the day away. So now I'm enjoying the afternoon sipping coffee and writing Africa letters. It feels so good to be your own boss.

No comments:

Post a Comment