Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The Closet

I don't know what it is that draws people to me but I feel like a huge closet getting filled to the brim with junk, certain to spill at any minute. It's been growing, at the beginning of the school year slowly at first and now it feels like I'm being hit again and again. More junk thrown into my stuffed space. It's getting to the point where it's hard to keep the doors shut. I think I'm coming close to spilling it all out on the floor.
I never knew I was capable of holding so much stuff, and it's not even MY stuff. It's the broken hearted girls stuff living above me, the atheist on my hall, the empty girl from under the stars, the ex-virgen up the stairs, the girl who comes from a harsh family who gets yelled at every time she trys to talk to her parents about her real dad she just found, the girl who has no idea where her brother is getting all of his drugs or where he's living anymore, the guy who's contimplating if dating his girlfriend while he goes into the military is worth it, the demon possessed kid living a couple hundred feet down the sidewalk, the kids questioning their faith and turning for me to help, the old best friend turning to drugs, alchohol and partying for answers, the lost, lonely, crushed and confused. And in the corner of all this stuff is a small yet heaping pile of my own stuff. Half of it I wish I could throw away so I had more space for other peoples stuff, but I can't seem to get rid of it.
I just pray my closet somehow gets bigger by the end of the week, because the way it looks right now, I won't be able to hold it all in for much longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment