Friday, January 7, 2011

Semester's Up

As you walk out of the Ad building on a Friday afternoon after you've finished with you're last class for the day, you're suppose to feel relief. "It's the weekend!" kids chant down the halls. "Any big plans?" "What are you doing?" "Are you going home?" "Hey it's bro's night out, my house Saturaday night!" etc.
But today, as I walked out of the Ad building I'm more stressed than I've been all week. Oh no! It's the weekend. Crack down time. The end of the semester is a week away. Projects, tests, and more projects and tests to look forward too. So much studying to do! And then I have followers walking beside me talking about their exciting plans for the weekend! "Let's go to Fro-Yo's!... No, Starbucks!" "Should we go to the party tomorrow night?" "Hey, Karalee... what's wrong? No, really, what's wrong?" Blah, blah, blah...
And then I think of SWOP retreat going on right now. I miss last year. I had no idea what to expect, it was incredible. I wish for it. I wish I was there and not here. I need it. Bad! I can't believe it's already been a year...
My head hurts, and I really just need a nap, but there's way too much to do, and not enough time to do it in. It doesn't help that I'm working this weekend.
I really should get started.
I don't know what to do... about anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment