Tuesday, February 1, 2011

La Fuente

I learned a new word today in Spanish class, La Fuente, which means Fountain.

As I sat listening to the guitars strum, and voices from the microphone consuming the church tonight, something began to well up. It was unexpected, and overpowering. I could feel the tears forming in my eyes, and how I just wished I could cry it all out. But not there, not then. I pushed it back, but it began again. Please leave me be! were my only thoughts at the time. I stood staring at the screen of words behind the singers up front and pondered every word. I wonder how many people in this church singing this song actually mean what they're saying?
"Broken, I run to You for Your arms are open wide. I am weary but I know Your touch restores my life. So I wait for You, yes I'll wait for You..."
How many times do we just sing because it's what we're "suppose" to do? It's those rare occasions when we actually mean every word, when it really counts. And so the fountain of tears began to well up again, but I never let them spill. I want this fountain to let go of me and run freely so that one day I can experience The Fountain of Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment