Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Oaks and Diamonds

"When we long for life without difficulties, remind us that oaks grow strong in contrary winds and diamonds are made under pressure." -Peter Marhsall

So last night, I was at my ropes end with these girls. One and a half days, that's all it took for me to be done with them. I couldn't stand it. They didn't want to listen. There was nothing I could do to make them respect me. Nothing. I tried being intimidating and I gave them a stern talking to, but nothing works I tell you. Nothing. So I sat there on my towel in the middle of the beach, watching "fireworks", surrounded by an overload of people, yet completely alone. I had no idea where any of my 8 draining responsibilities had run off to. I felt like a complete failure as a counselor. No matter how many times I tell them to tell me where they're going, they don't LISTEN! 4 more days with these girls, I don't know if I can make it! I'm praying for an attainable ability to look past these unpleasant, back-talking 11 and 12 year old girls' shells, and find something sweet inside their hearts, cause that's all I have to thrive off of this week. So far I can't seem to find anything "sweet" about them, and without it, I hate my job and that makes things awful difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment