Monday, September 19, 2011

Grocery Shopping 101

I never knew grocery shopping could be so difficult. What do I want to eat for the whole week? I guess I've never really had that option before, it's always just been set in front of me. Mom makes dinner every night. UCA provides all my meals. I never get to choose for myself what I personally want to eat. It's so weird to think about now. My sister and I sat down to write out our grocery list and she asked me what I wanted. "Uhhh... Cereal..." That's all I could think of. I don't want to cook for 1 person. My sister is on a raw foods diet this week so she can't eat hardly anything. The past two days I've been living on a pear in the morning and an apple in the afternoon.
We got to the store and I still hadn't thought of anything, so I decided I was just going to have to cook, that's just the way it's gotta be. I was tired of not knowing what to do. So I got some peppers and zucchini, and grandma has some onions and hummus, we have tons of tortillas in the freezer. We have lemon juice and spices. I'm going to make something good. Not completely sure what, but maybe I can jumble things up a little and make a new favorite concoction. I think I could grow to like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment