Thursday, October 27, 2011

Fall Festivity!

I walked past a pile of racked leaves in front of the music building today and secretly I wanted to run and jump in them, but everyone was switching classes and I thought it might be kind of awkward. I would've done it if someone was with me... I hate that hesitancy inside of me. Half of me doesn't care what other people think, and then there's this whole other half that holds me back from really living. It's an on going battle.
I went to Starbucks this morning with a group of friends, and that was a whole other adventure in itself. We had really great conversations though. It just reminded me of how much I love my friends, and how much I love learning more about people.
I made TWO apple pies this afternoon with my grandma. It was SO fun. A nice break inbetween class and work. And tonight for dinner a bunch of relatives in Walla Walla came over to stuff themselves with enchiladas, homemade salsa and guacamole, and my apple pie. Lucky me, my grandma had vanilla ice cream AND caramel sauce! Woohooo!
I went to a corn maze tonight. The stars were SO bright and gorgeous! The air was a little chilly, but not bad at all. Part of the time, these two little boys were in front of us, kind of leading us through. Randomly, one little boy shouted out, "MICHAEL JACKSON." I had to laugh. Here we were in the middle of a "haunted maze" and these little boys were going off on some random tangent. Ha! I don't know why it's so funny to me, but it makes me laugh. I wish I was more random. A bit more spontaneous, "out of the blue!"
Crunchy leaves, hot drink, apple pie, break, family, feast, corn maze, a night under the stars... how much more festive can we get? Guess I can cross 8 off my list. Gotta keep it goin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment