Tuesday, November 22, 2011

The Fam

My mom walked into the kitchen this evening and asked us all what we were doing. It was at that moment that I realized just how ridiculous my family is.
At 7:00 PM tonight:
My dad was upstairs snoozing in front of the TV.
My brother was carrying chips around the kitchen being a bothersome as all little brothers are, with his ipod ear pieces stuck in his ears-doing his own thing, which none of us really ever know what that is...
My mom was pouring herself another cup of "Island Vacation" exotic African tea.
My sister was peeling and blending potatoes and honey for some fancy hair treatment concoction.
And I was baking pumpkin bread (only the best thing on the planet) for a friend.
All the while "Hurts Like Heaven" from Coldplays new CD played in the background.
I totally laughed out loud for a solid 5 minutes about this. This picture is SO typical. It completely and so perfectly describes my family. Basically, we're all weirdos.
My dad always seems to be "power napping".
My brother is always eating and "beats to his own drum" if you know what I mean.
My mom drinks tea ALL DAY! She has about 25 new flavors since I last inspected the pantry. And she just recently informed me that she has about 25 more flavors that she just ordered, on the way.
My sister is always trying something new and crazy to improve herself.
And I love baking and listening to good music.
Yup. This is the fam.

No comments:

Post a Comment