Wednesday, December 21, 2011

YEAH!

I got a haircut on Tuesday and the lady saw my Harmony for Humanity t-shirt and told me to look up "Playing for Change." So, today, I did.
This is their purpose:
Playing for Change is a multimedia movement created to inspire, connect, and bring peace to the world through music. The idea for this project arose from a common belief that music has the power to break down boundaries and overcome distances between people. No matter whether people come from different geographic, political, economic, spiritual or ideological backgrounds, music has the universal power to transcend and unite us as one human race. And with this truth firmly fixed in our minds, we set out to share it with the world.
I want someone to inspire me. I have friends that inspire me to get fit, some inspire me to do crazy things, others can make music sound like heaven, and I leave their presence in awe at the beauty of their talent, wishing I could be even a fraction as good as they are. But recently I got to know a friend who inspires me to live culturally, adventurously, courageously, and ultimately fully. He inspires me to be smart and to have that extra desire to learn all I can about the world. He makes me strive to be the best I can ultimately be. Every time I finish talking with him, I feel like I can do anything! Climb to Mount Everest and soar to the bottom, run across the states, travel anywhere and everywhere, fly as high as I want, sing to my hearts content! His demeanor speaks to me saying, "Who can stop you?!"

No comments:

Post a Comment