Saturday, January 7, 2012

Alone

It's Sabbath. The day everyone looks forward to. You sleep in, you go to church, eat a big lunch, go on walks, catch up with friends, it's like a big party all day. No homework, no work, no anything that's not fun, right?
And today was nice. I woke up at 8:30, I went to church, I ate a big meal. But, I sat in the very back pew of church and I've probably only said about 100 words since I woke up this morning. And now while everyone is out, busy enjoying their sabbath, I find myself alone in my little house, wishing for a friend. I sort of feel like crying, but there's nothing to cry about. So I guess I'll go for a walk by myself. Or bake something for my breakfast tomorrow. Or try to take a nap, even though I'm not the least bit sleepy. I guess my challenge for today is trying to see the beauty in being alone.

1 comment:

  1. We are programmed to believe that being alone is not ok. That there is something wrong with the picture. So untrue! Soak it up!

    ReplyDelete