Monday, January 16, 2012

Peaceful Morning

I woke up at 6, did my morning routine and stretched, threw on my long spandex, some mittens, and grabbed my watch, key, and ipod and ran out the door. A shock of cold hit me, but it didn't take me long to get use to it. The moon was shining, and the stars were bright, making me wonder if my watch was right. It was too quiet. Could someone be pulling a prank on me? It's probably 4 in the morning, such an unearthly time to be awake. The ground was covered in a layer of white and when I got out of my neighborhood and onto sidewalk I could see footsteps. Some were wide and clean, while others were shorter and looked like their feet had been dragging. I'm sure someone probably already ran here this morning. It was incredibly peaceful. Out to my left were city lights glowing brightly down the hill. Erin McCarly, A Fine Frenzy, and Ingrid Michaelson could not have been a better choice for the atmosphere. SO beautiful. By 7 when I headed back, the dark clouds were starting to clear and be replaced by a lit sky, the moon was still out and shining, but I could tell the sun would be up soon. I can't wait till the sun starts to rise at 6, I'll be there! And now I have an excuse for chocolate milk, because it's good for you after you run, you know. Time for Stacey Kent, a shower and a smoothie before class at 8.

No comments:

Post a Comment