Sunday, January 22, 2012

Tough as Nails

This morning I couldn't focus on my homework. I had just waited an hour for my clothes in the washing machine and as I tossed them into the dryer and pressed start, I realized I'd never put soap in. DANG. So I stopped the dryer, and threw them back into the wash. I added soap and sat down at the table to work on more homework. I couldn't focus. I was so angry about wasting my time. What were you thinking Karalee? GAH! Obviously you WEREN'T thinking. My mind was bombarded with all the horrible things that happened in the week. The last thing I wanted to do was homework. I HATE homework. So I stopped. I pulled out a small piece of green paper and wrote GOOD LIVIN' at the top. I wrote all the things that I am thankful for in this last week. Turns out the good outweighed the bad. And when I hung it on my fridge, I was encouraged by the other things I found. I knew they'd come in handy some day!

No comments:

Post a Comment