Friday, April 20, 2012

Move Us

Last week at church was the first week in about 5 months that I didn't have to teach Sabbath school, sing for church, or go on a trip. I sat in the audience during the postlude, and watched one of my friends conduct the band from my old high school. He was smiling and bouncing on his toes to the beat. He brought me so much joy. Just watching him do his thing, and enjoy what he loves. A quote popped into my head just then:
“Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.”He inspired me to go out and do the things I love! But I lack the time and energy now days. I've lost the passion and zest I once acquired at the beginning of the year, and I feel myself growing to be boring, not by choice --just by life. But that day, I was inspired. I got out and did something I love. I went with an incredible group of people and canoed across a lake, ate a picnic, layed out in the sun, canoed around for fun, came back and ran 5 miles, and slept out under the sparkling stars. It's amazing how inspiration can move you.
We get the word inspired from the word spirit.One of the questions on my Bible test last week was: What is the earth mostly made of? Answer: Spirit.
Now where does this spirit come from? Where is it? Is it really everywhere?Two weeks ago, one of my best friends, who has observed a lot of interesting facts about my personality lately, told me I have a lot of "spirit" whatever that's suppose to mean. Good! I don't want to be boring.
I wonder where this spirit comes from? Is it inside everyone? Maybe only a fortunate few? Is it more than just a spunky personality? Is it maybe, literally a "spirit"? Maybe the Holy Spirit lives in everything? Is everything that's "good" the Holy Spirit? What about the evils in the world? The people that corrupt our world? Is there good in everyone? EVERYONE?
I don't know... I'm just on a mission to figure this out.
Maybe just like inspiration gives boosts of energy to make you move, the spirit also gives energy to move hearts. Maybe, just maybe, they're one in the same. --both leaving us with deep joy, a persistant desire, a burning passion, and a lifetime of satisfaction.

No comments:

Post a Comment