Monday, April 16, 2012

Parents

Today, a pastor put it like this:
I have a child who is pretty private. They don't like to talk about their day at school or if it was good or bad, they keep to themselves, and they're pretty reserved. They think they don't need parents anymore, and it's true, they don't really. As a parent I've provided my kids with a roof over their heads, food in their bellies, and an education, but beyond that, they don't need me. I was there all along to get them grounded and growing, but there comes a point when they realize they don't need me in order to survive. They could leave and "be fine". As a parent I only want what's best for my child, and I want to know how their day went, or the frustrations they have, not to be controlling, but because I LOVE them. I want to know them. I want to establish a relationship with them. I've never left my kids. I've been with them all along, providing for them. And if they don't want my help, that saddens me, but I want them to be happy, and if they think getting away is the answer, then they can give it a try. But I will always still be here loving them. That will never change. And they are always welcome to walk back in my house and make a cup of tea. It's like in Acts 14:17, "But He never left them without evidence of Himself and his goodness. For instance, He sends you rain and good crops and gives you food and joyful hearts." The joy that you feel on blissful days, is evidence of God. He provides you with all goodness. See, God has never left, he has been and is providing you with things everyday. And his doors are wide open to welcome you back home.

"Whatever is good and perfect comes down to us from God our Father, who created all the lights in the heavens. He never changes or casts a shifting shadow." -James 1:17

No comments:

Post a Comment