Thursday, May 24, 2012

The Secret Behind Job's Missiles.

Bad things happen to good people. It's a fact. And sometimes, bad things just keep happening. And sometimes people shake their heads and say, "Ok, this is the end.. this is all I can take. God wouldn't give me more than I can handle. God wouldn't send anything else." But it just keeps coming, and they begin to wonder when these missiles will stop firing.
And when they don't, stop that is, they try to look for the good in each shot. "This will help me learn patience... this will help me appreciate the little things in life... this shows me who my real friends are... this will only make me stronger in the long run (like muscles, hard things tear us down, but eventually build us up)..."
It reminds me of Job.
Job was a strong man. But he also had a strong faith.
What happens to those people who, are strong like Job, but lack faith?
I talked to a pastor yesterday who said some people don't actually NEED God, they're strong enough to do it on their own.
Whoa. That's a first. Never heard that out of a pastor's mouth. Interesting perspective... So what then, drives us to really NEED God if we're "fine" and we can do it on our own?
What was it about Job that pushed him to depend on God, when his whole world came crumbling? Why couldn't he do it on his own? Or why did he CHOOSE to keep believing in God? That secret could unlock so many doors...

No comments:

Post a Comment