Thursday, June 7, 2012

Magical Wishing

I love this song! It's my new favorite! Just listen, the mood is just perfect.

Today reminds me a lot of Christmas. I remember, and it makes me miss the magical moments. Today is REALLY good, don't get me wrong, I have two feet, two arms, two eyes, two hands, all in pretty good working condition. Today is great.
I remember at Christmas being home alone during the beginning of break and going downtown one night to sit at this cute little coffee shop, with the veranda all lit up in white lights. I sat inside with my hot "White Christmas" drink and wrote a letter for three hours. Then I walked along Main street and soaked in the air. There's something about the trees all lit up that makes it really magical here. I'm going to miss this place next year.
I'm sitting at the same coffee shop today. This time I'm in the same place I sat the last time I came here, which was right after I went to see the Nutcracker with a friend. It was only a few days after I came and wrote my letter... still Christmasy, still magical. And today, with the rain pouring, and the hippie music in my ears, it's still got the same feel. I'm really missing Christmas. The whole first quarter of college was pretty incredible, I wouldn't change a thing... but I miss it now. I'm glad the years over, I must just remember that I have a new chapter of adventure ahead of me now.
Keep vigilant watch over your heart;
that's where life starts...
Keep your eyes straight ahead;
ignore all sideshow distractions.
Watch your step,
and the road will stretch out smooth before you.
Proverbs 4:23-27

No comments:

Post a Comment